Crossroad Health Center
5 E. Liberty Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202
Crossroad Health Center West
2859 Boudinot Avenue Suite 107, Cincinnati, OH 45238
Rothenberg Preparatory Academy
241 E. Clifton Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Crossroad Health Center - Harrison
10400 New Haven Road, Harrison, OH 45030
2013 Service Highlights
Crossroad provides accessible, affordable, community-based health care and mental health counseling to the residents of Greater Cincinnati. We have become an increasingly important community resource, providing 21,000 visits for approximately 7,500 patients who otherwise would not be able to afford care.
Who We Serve
- Provided 21,692 visits for 7,474 patients.
- 51% of patients are African American, 32% are Caucasian and 11% are Hispanic/Latino.
- 96% of patients have incomes at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level (annual income of $47,100 or less for a family of four).
- 21% of patients are uninsured; 36% of adult patients are uninsured.
- 4,250 patients are children.
- 97% of 5 year old children were fully immunized.
- 80% of families with young children come to Crossroad for preventive care as well as sick care.
- Improved our overall diabetes outcomes by 100%, outpacing other community health centers in the region. (As reported on the website: yourhealthmatters.org.) This means fewer complications for Crossroad patients with diabetes.
- Improved or met our goals in 13 out of 16 health care measures for preventive and chronic care services. When compared to other community health centers, Crossroad scored better than both Ohio and national averages in 11 out of 16 clinical measures in areas such as high blood pressure, asthma and heart disease.
Improving Mental Health
- 26% of adult patients have a diagnosable mental illness
- Provided 415 visits for mental health counseling.
- Provided 135 visits for psychiatric services.
- 96% of patients would recommend Crossroad to their family and friends.
- 93% of patients feel that Crossroad helps them to make healthy lifestyle choices.
- Dr. Dave Rahner, Crossroad’s Medical Director, was selected to Cincy Magazine’s Best Doctors list for family medicine for the fourth consecutive year.
- Kyle Vath, R.N. received the “Community Health Advocate Award” from the Center for Clinical and Translational Science and Training (CCTST) for excellence in leadership, collaboration, and health promotion.
- Emily Chambers, R.N. and Dr. Marianne Chernesky both received the “Health Center Hero Award” from the Ohio Association of Community Health Centers. Health Center Heroes are recognized across the state for their commitment and service to health centers and their communities.