Crossroad Health Center
5 E. Liberty Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202
Crossroad Health Center West
2859 Boudinot Avenue Suite 107, Cincinnati, OH 45238
Rothenberg Preparatory Academy
241 E. Clifton Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
2012 Service Highlights
Crossroad provides accessible, affordable, community-based health care and mental health counseling to the residents of Greater Cincinnati. We have become an increasingly important community resource, providing 19,000 visits for more than 6,300 patients who otherwise would not be able to afford care.
Who We Serve
- Provided 18,891 visits for 6,360 patients.
- 48% of patients are African American, 29% are Caucasian and 11% are Hispanic/Latino.
- 95% of patients have incomes at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level (annual income of $46,100 or less for a family of four).
- 23% of patients are uninsured; 40% of adult patients are uninsured.
- 3,809 patients are children.
- 95% of 5 year old children were fully immunized.
- 89% of families with young children come to Crossroad for preventive care as well as sick care.
- 65% PAP smear rate for female patients – well above the 53% state average for community health centers serving patients with low income.
- Applied for and received (in January 2013) Level 3 Recognition as a Patient Centered Medical Home from the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
Improving Mental Health
- 23% of adult patients have a diagnosable mental illness
- Provided 341 visits for mental health counseling.
- Provided 181 visits for psychiatric services.
- 98% of patients would recommend Crossroad to their family and friends.
- 96% of patients feel that Crossroad helps them to make healthy lifestyle choices.
- Dr. Dave Rahner, Crossroad’s Medical Director, was selected to Cincy Magazine’s Best Doctors list for family medicine for the third consecutive year.
- Crossroad named 2012 Non-Profit of the Year by the Over-the-Rhine Chamber of Commerce. The award, presented at the Chamber’s Annual Meeting and Star Awards luncheon, recognizes organizations and individuals that have contributed to the revitalization of the Over-the-Rhine neighborhood, as well as their outstanding accomplishments and dedication to the OTR community. “For 20 years, Crossroad Health Center has been an essential resource for the residents of Over-the-Rhine and has helped thousands of patients make profound and lasting changes in their lives.”